1. Baby is learning to wait a minute. If I’m in the middle of something and piper wants attention, sometimes I can distract piper with an entertaining toy to give myself another minute or two to finish my task.
2. Baby enjoys simple, colorful toys like blocks and rattles. Whenever I give piper toys, I say their names to help baby learn vocabulary.
3. We’ve established a regular bedtime routine. It’s not too long — about 10-15 minutes — but baby and I are both yawning by the time we finish!
4. My baby loves piper’s soft Taggies blanket! piper brings it everywhere, even on walks and to daycare.
5. I used to be able to deal with bills and mail the minute they arrived, but now I sometimes let them pile up till the weekend. To keep organized, I’ve got a mail shelf or bag with mail, supplies, and any other paperwork I need to take care of.
6. I’m drinking at least 8 ounces of water every day, and I keep a water bottle with me so I don’t forget. I also take a daily multivitamin.
7. If I’m dairy-free, then I make sure I get calcium from other foods like beans, leafy greens, and calcium-fortified juice.