1. My calendar is full of prenatal visits — I’ve got one scheduled every two weeks for the next 8 weeks.
2. I had my baby shower, and it was great! I got almost everything I need. Now I just need to beg my favorite relatives to buy the last few things.
3. Sitting in the car is starting to get uncomfortable, but I’m staying safe when I drive. I wear my seat belt between my breasts and under my belly bump to help keep the pressure off my stomach.
4. Now is a great time to indulge myself and take care of my body, so that’s exactly what I did! I spent a day at the spa getting pregnancy-safe services — and I loved every second of it.
5. If I’m Rh negative, I’ve had my first dose of Rhlg, or RhoGAM. This will ensure that if my baby is Rh positive, my body doesn’t make antibodies to my baby’s blood.
6. I know newborns don’t sleep much, and even families who plan to keep baby in the nursery sometimes end up cosleeping out of sheer exhaustion. My partner and I have talked about our thoughts on cosleeping, and we’ve thought about how we’ll handle night wak
7. Time to start counting kicks! I’ve started taking a few minutes every day to pay attention to my baby’s movements so I know what his normal patterns are. If I notice any changes, I’ll talk to my doctor.