1. I’m encouraging baby to be more mobile! I roll a toy away from Faith, and Faith tries to follow it.
2. Baby has lots of brightly colored toys so I’m working on teaching Faith colors. I pick a toy that has several different bright colors, and I point out the different colors to baby by name.
3. Baby loves to manipulate toys, and I’m encouraging Faith to play in lots of different ways! Faith is learning to roll balls, push a walker, and crawl through tunnels.
4. If I didn’t already get the whooping cough vaccine for myself, I’ve scheduled an appointment to make sure I’m up-to-date.
5. I decided to change my work schedule! I talked with my employer, and he agreed to let me work from home two days a week. Cutting out my commute is going to give me a lot more time with baby in the mornings and evenings on those days!
6. I’m making sure to avoid cooking all the nutrients out of baby’s food. Instead of boiling vegetables, I steam or bake them.
7. I’m teaching baby to follow directions in a way that’s appropriate for Faith’s age. I redirect Faith if Faith is doing something dangerous, and I’m teaching Faith to freeze when Faith hears the word “no.”