1. I’ve started planning for baby’s first birthday! This party is more for me than for Peyton, so I might just plan a small family-only party — or I might plan a big bash with all my mom friends. Either way, I’ll keep it short so it doesn’t interfere with naptime!
2. Baby might be getting really good at “cruising” — walking around the room while holding the furniture for balance.
3. My baby really understands “no” now — and Peyton doesn’t like it much! Peyton gets frustrated when I tell Peyton no. I try to gently redirect Peyton so Peyton gets interested in something else.
4. If I feel frustrated with my partner or with myself as a mom, I write it down in a journal. This can help me process my emotions and get a better perspective. If I don’t like writing, I can do the same by sketching a picture. I’m not trying to make great art — this is just to help me to get my feelings out.
5. I’ve learned a pro mom style tip: eye highlighter under my eyes helps me look more awake. Hey, even if I feel sleepy, I don’t have to look that way!