1. Baby loves to read! Actually, Penelope mostly just chews on books, but I know that listening to a book helps build language skills. Plus, reading to baby gives me a chance to sit down!
2. Baby can’t wait to start standing and walking! In the meantime, Penelope loves to sit in the bouncer. I know not to let Penelope use it too much, but Penelope enjoys some time in it every day.
3. When I hold baby up in a standing position, Penelope puts weight on Penelope’s legs and pushes off the ground.
4. Being around lots of other kids means baby is constantly exposed to germs. If Penelope is in a group daycare and has gotten sick often, I’ve thought about whether I want to consider other childcare options like an in-home daycare or a nanny.
5. I am really exercising again! I signed up for a 5K, and I’ve started training. I might even try a marathon eventually!
6. I gave up on keeping my house perfect. I don’t need friends who judge me by how clean my house is! If I have older kids, I’ve put them in charge of keeping their rooms clean (and I don’t worry if their rooms don’t meet my standards).
7. I’ve talked with my doctor and my partner about when we might want to think about having another child.