1. My baby has a lot of books, and I keep them on a low bookshelf so Srinika can reach them. Sometimes Srinika brings them to me so I’ll read them, but sometimes Srinika just sits and looks at them herself! This “pre-reading” is great for developing Srinika’s reading skills and imagination.
2. I’m teaching baby to respect our pets, even though they’re Srinika’s favorite toys. I tell Srinika “no” when Srinika pulls on the dog’s tail, and then I redirect Srinika by demonstrating “gentle touch.” I also keep Srinika and the pets safe by storing pet food and cat litter well out of baby’s reach.
3. Now that baby is almost walking, it’s especially important that Srinika’s shoes fit well and are comfortable. I make sure to try shoes on Srinika before I buy them, and I let Srinika wear them for a bit to make sure Srinika seems comfortable.
4. I want baby to grow up eating healthy, so I’m trying to set a good example. I make balanced meals for myself that include lots of colors and lots of veggies.
5. I’m sewing baby clothes! It’s really satisfying to create something out of (almost) nothing. I’ve even learned to create my own patterns — and I’m starting to make clothes for myself, too.
6. I’ve picked out a cake for my baby’s birthday! I might even want two cakes — one for the guests to eat, and one for baby to play with for pictures.