1. Baby used to love meeting new people, but now Maci is scared of strangers. I don’t force Maci to go to unfamiliar people, and if I need a new sitter, I spend some time letting baby get comfortable with the new person while I’m still around.
2. Baby loves to use Maci’s fingers. Maci reaches for and grasps toys — and also my clothes and jewelry.
3. If I didn’t already have one, I got baby a play gym. Maci loves playing on the floor and reaching for all the interesting dangling toys!
4. When we get a new toy, I show it to baby so we can explore it together. I show Maci the buttons to push and levers to pull to make things happen. Maci likes watching me play with the toys, but Maci loves playing with them herself even more.
5. I’m getting better sleep these days, but I’m still exhausted. I’m starting a vitamin B supplement to help my energy levels, and I make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
6. Baby’s toys are taking up more space. I got some baskets and shelves to organize our new collection!
7. I’ve started babyproofing! I covered all electrical outlets and made sure any tall furniture is fastened to the wall. I also moved any cleaners or poisonous materials to high, locked cabinets.