1. It’s never too early for tummy time! I’ve started laying my baby on Brody’s belly for a few minutes every day to help baby build Brody’s neck and back muscles.
2. I’ve been feeling a little down and stressed. It may just be the “baby blues,” but I’ve scheduled an appointment to talk with my doctor about my risk for postpartum depression.
3. How do I feel about pacifiers? My partner and I have talked with our lactation consultant and decided whether we want to introduce a pacifier.
4. My baby knows me! Brody turns Brody’s head toward my voice and studies my face while I’m talking.
5. Ouch. If I had an episiotomy or tear, I’m adding a few drops of tea tree oil in my bath to help me heal faster.
6. I’m getting my energy back! If I had an uncomplicated vaginal birth, I might be ready to start light exercise with a short walk around the block.
7. Baby is sleeping most of the day, but only for a few hours at a time. I’m doing my best to sleep whenever baby does so I can get some rest during the day. We probably won’t be sleeping through the night for a while!