1. Baby used to love meeting new people, but now Jules is scared of strangers. I don’t force Jules to go to unfamiliar people, and if I need a new sitter, I spend some time letting baby get comfortable with the new person while I’m still around.
3. When I put baby down to play, I set Jules’s toys a little bit out of reach. This encourages Jules to reach for them — and maybe even crawl toward them!
4. A few of my family and friends have really helped me with baby over the past few months, and I want to make sure they know how much I appreciate it! I’m doing something this week to thank them, even if it’s just a verbal “thanks.”
5. My partner and I had our first baby-free overnight! We stayed close by and came back early, and baby survived just fine. I did too!
6. If I’ve been working and I’m not sure I want to continue, then my partner and I will sit down and go through our budget to see if we could manage if I were a stay-at-home mom.
7. Baby had a six week checkup! Jules also got another round of vaccinations: the third doses of Hep B, RV, DTaP, Hib, PCV13 and IPV. If it’s almost time for flu season, then Jules got a flu vaccine.