Moms Expertise

Tips for getting your ADHD child an IEP

Add your advice here…
Message length 300 characters recommended

First of all you need a diagnosis for your child to be eligible for extra help. The diagnostic process can be long, but definitely worth while.

Next you should request a meeting with the teacher and principal. Furnish them with the documentation that proves your child has ADHD.

I strongly suggest working with a child counselor to help develop an comprehensive IEP for your child. They will know the lasw and will be able to make suggestions tailored to your childs specific needs.

What is Moms Expertise?
“Moms Expertise” — a growing community - based collection of real and unique mom experience. Here you can find solutions to your issues and help other moms by sharing your own advice. Because every mom who’s been there is the best Expert for her baby.
Add your expertise
Similar moms expertise
Tips for getting your ADHD child an IEP
06/22/17Moment of the day
You know, I don't think any mother aims to be a single mom. I didn't wish for that, but it happened.
Browse moms
Moms of big kids
CelesteLeah8TheresaJessicaCrystalShawn AnnMichelleCandaceElizabethIuliiaJaniceDaria