Moms Expertise

Help for child with a speech problem

Add your advice here…
Message length 300 characters recommended

If your child has a speech problem they may qualify for services through early intervention or your school district (depending on the age). First you should discuss with the doctor what they recommend, and they may do an evaluation and give you a diagnosis such as stuttering or a lisp to take to EI or the school. Once they are enrolled with these services they will be eligible for a certain period of time with a plan in place of how long it should take to overcome the speech issue.


he will always need speech therapy from neurological issues , he has come a long way , but there will be stuttering and word mix up , miss pronunciations


I've never stopped our speech therapy because I see the need for it, regardless of the cost. The apraxia has also affected his reading, so I imagine had we stopped at some point, his ability to read and write words correctly could have been compromised.

What is Moms Expertise?
“Moms Expertise” — a growing community - based collection of real and unique mom experience. Here you can find solutions to your issues and help other moms by sharing your own advice. Because every mom who’s been there is the best Expert for her baby.
Add your expertise
Similar moms expertise
Help for child with a speech problem
06/22/17Moment of the day
You know, I don't think any mother aims to be a single mom. I didn't wish for that, but it happened.
Browse moms
Moms of big kids
CelesteLeah8TheresaJessicaCrystalShawn AnnMichelleCandaceElizabethIuliiaJaniceDaria