Tips for potty training your strong-willed child
We have had a couple of strong-willed children and they have been the hardest to potty train to be honest. That's why with my last I am just letting him lead me instead of the other way around, though I am itching to be done buying diapers!
Tips for potting training your strong-willed child are:
1. Don't force the issue. The more you force a strong-willed child not to do something the more likely they will.
2. Offer incentives. This may take some trial and error to find out what works for your child but it will be worth it in the end.
3. Buy him/her his favorite big boy/girl pants. This actually really helped with our oldest as she didn't want to mess in those pants.
4. Move them to a special big boy/girl bed of their own with new sheets etc. This is another thing our oldest didn't want to mess up. She wet the bed once and that was it because she was heart broken she messed in her new big girl bed.
5. Give them choices.
6. Mind your temper. Accidents will occur, your child will probably regress at some point, but not all do.
7. Relax and take one day, one moment at a time. Strong-willed children are very smart and learn quickly, however, they quite often do so at their own pace.
And I am running out of tips. Feel free to add your own!