Nerves are racking up
I had another ultrasound today. It was the final one with the doctors in my area. We are now waiting for the authorizations to go through for the insurance so I can be switched to the bigger hospital. I do not think our bundle is going to wait until his due date. He is getting cramped. I still have 8 weeks to go, but he is in position. I am anxious to meet the fetal medical team out at the U of M. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks I will meet the OB, the maternal fetal specialist, and the neonatal cardiologist. With the help of these three specialists, we will get a finalized plan of what will happen when little Connor is born. As the day approaches, I am getting nervous. Today's ultrasound, they found that his pulmonary artery is also larger than its supposed to be. Open heart surgery is a definite, but we don't know exactly what is going to be done. Also, as his heart is getting bigger, so is the VSD (hole) in it. The doc also still cannot find a connection for the aorta and the lower portion of his body. I kept hoping that something would change, but I don't see that happening. I am starting to worry, especially since its getting closer.