Reasons some are against homeschooling
I thought it would be interesting to respond to this as a pro-homeschooling mom.
The reasons I think some are against homeschooling are:
1. lack of education on what homeschooling is really all about
2. preconceived ideas - public schools are better, need a certified teacher etc.
3. negative experience with homeschoolers
4. lack of confidence (for being against homeschooling their children themselves)
5. negative news articles about homeschooling families
Those are the top ones I can think of, can you think of any to add?
Plus school districts want as many students in there seats as they can because the more kids the more tax money they need and grants from the government. I went to public school and after high school I was diagnosed with ADHD. My father did not want to admit to me having a problem growing up, so my grades suffered due to not lack of trying but to boredom in school.
Public schools are nice especially with both parents working. But being picky about the school is not a bad idea.
Depends on the parents.