For a baby Monroe's age.. here are some things I would try/do..
- situate one of those mirrors so they can see themselves.. Monroe has so many things that catch his eye.. like mirrors.. this could really help!
- hang safe links or toys from the car seat handle.. babes loves to reach and look at colorful objects.. gives them something to do!
- music! does your baby love white noise? take something of their white noise along with you.. we have 2 travel white noise objects!
- keep their fav paci with them.. this can be a huge comfort
- make sure they have a clean diaper and have been fed before plopping them in the car.. this could really help lull them to sleep!
- talk to them! perhaps they hate NOT seeing you.. talk away!
- have one of you sit in the back.. this can really help too :)