Update on Connor

I got to go and see my baby today. He is stable.....for now.
Connor has more Tcells than he had before. Since he has no thymus, they don't know what to do. The doctors think that this is why his lungs, liver and spleen are inflamed. They are starting him on steroids tomorrow, to try and get everything back into order. If they can get his breathing under control, then they will sedate him and do a CT scan and a broncosopy. They will then determine if they feel he needs immediate treatment with a bone marrow transplant, or if he can wait three months for the working immune system from the transplant (4 weeks til the transfer, 4 weeks for the transplant after the transfer, and 4 weeks for the transplant is effective). Please pray for all the decision makers to be able to be guided to make the best decisions as possible.

Amanda HurleyFlat Rock, Michigan
Amanda Hurley
Yes, if he gets the thymus transplant, he will have a full working immune systems. Long term we cannot know what the DiGeorge will bring up. He could have future issues. He may have to have another heart surgery down the line, but the issues we are facing now can be fixed with the thymus transplant.
About Amanda Hurley
Current: Flat Rock, Michigan
Birth: October 04
On Moms.com since: Sep 20, 2013
I am a 28 year old SAHM of four children. Mr. Connor is my son. I am looking for some additional help for a permanent grave marker. If you would like to help with expenses or would like to send a card, please inbox me for an address and details. Thank you