..a few tricks to try!
So here are a few tricks I have heard of if your sweet bf'ing babe refuses a bottle..
- have anyone BUT Mom try giving the baby the bottle
- try DIFFERENT bottles and different nipples on the bottle
- offer the bottle when they are not completely hungry and mad about needing to be fed.. this might help make it easier or coax them to try!
- if Mom needs to be the one giving the bottle, try giving it in a TOTALLY different position than as you bf.. this will show them the difference
- try just taking time to help them enjoy a bottle, try, if they refuse, back off a bit, try some more.. and try not to instantly satisfy by bf'ing.. so they know they don't get what they want instantly when they refuse a bottle!