Squash Baby Food Recipe
Avery loved squash as one of her first foods. Here is the recipe I used.
1. Cut acorn or butternut squash in half, scoop out seeds
2. Place halves face down in a pan and cover with an inch of water
3. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes to 1 hour - be sure the “shell/skin” puckers and halves feel soft then scoop squash “meat” out of the shell
4. Place squash "meat" into your choice of appliance for pureeing and begin pureeing.
5. Add water as necessary to achieve a smooth, thin consistency.
If your baby is older and has a few teeth (like 8-9 months) then you could try just mashing the squash or cutting it into finger foods. You can keep in the fridge for a week or freeze in portions and keep that for a month or two.