How do you take a pregnancy test
The directions for most home pregnancy tests are relatively the same. Make sure you read the directions that come with your test and follow them exactly.
1. It is best to use your first morning urine, because it is the most concentrated.
2. You can either pee directly on the stick or pee in a cup and dip the test into the urine. I suggest using a cup, it is more accurate and cleanly.
3. Only put the recommended amount of urine on the test, too much or too little might give you an inaccurate result.
4. Wait the recommended amount of time on the test for the result to appear, I think it is usually around 2 minutes.
5. Once the control line appears on the test and the proper amount of time has passed you can read your result.
6. Each test is a little bit different in what a positive result looks like, it is often 2 lines or a plus sign for a positive result.
7. Make sure you only read a positive result in the specified period of time. Reading a test past the recommended time is NOT accurate and a positive result does not count.
If you are unsure of the result on your pregnancy test, take a photo of it and post it here on Moms.com and we can help you interpret the results.