Murphy's Law: Baby Edition
I know I have posted this before, but it is so true and absolutely hilarious!
Murphy's Law: Baby Edition
1. If you are wearing black, you are about to get spit-up on.
2. If you are running late, you are guaranteed a poop blow-out as soon as you get the baby in the car seat all ready to go.
3. Dress the baby in whatever fancy outfit grandma sent prior to grandma's visit, and most certainly that baby will either poop or spit-up on said fancy outfit just moments before grandma arrives.
4. If baby hasn't ruined the outfit before grandma arrives...just wait until grandma holds the baby and the baby will ruin grandma's outfit.
5. If you are planning on an expensive photo session, the baby will either break out in hives or fall and get a giant goose egg size lump right in the middle of the forehead the night before.
6. If someone is praying, the baby is tooting.
7. If someone is silent, the baby is tooting.
8. If you happen to toot, most definitely someone else is holding the baby so you can't blame it on the baby.
9. If you just had the carpet cleaned, your baby is about to get the stomach flu.
10. Put the baby down for a nap if you want firetrucks, sirens, or random construction work to begin on your street.
11. The one day your baby sleeps late is the one morning your gardeners will come early.
12. At the end of the week, after your longest day at work, right when you are the absolutely most exhausted, it is guaranteed to be the night your baby will not go to bed.
13. Your baby will most definitely wake up extra early the morning after #12.
14. The baby will say "mama", "dada" or whatever other amazing new word they just started saying a million times...until you get grandma on the phone to hear it.
15. Your baby will take those precious first steps only if you aren't looking...and then, as soon as you look you see your baby has fallen, gotten a new lump on the forehead, and lucky for you a new photo session with grandma is scheduled for the morning.
16. The one morning your baby seems willing to go to the church nursery will be the one morning some other baby gets dropped off with the flu.
17. If you just had your hair done, your baby will be fixated on yanking it.
18. If you just got new glasses, your baby will be determined to claw them off your face.
19. The baby always knows the difference between the real tv remote and the toy one...and will somehow find a way to not DVR the series finale of your favorite show.
20. As soon as you rock your baby to sleep, you will realize you forgot to put sheets on the crib mattress.
21. If you pack an extra jacket for the baby, the weather will be perfect.
22. If you completely forget a blanket, there will be a snowstorm.
23. If you forget the diaper bag, there is guaranteed an explosion of bodily fluid of some sort, most likely in a public setting.
24. The baby will burp as soon as you stop trying to burp the baby.
25. If the baby smiles, it's just gas.
26. If the baby has gas, the baby will scream bloody murder all night.
27. If you are a light sleeper, your baby will remind you of how you are a light sleeper a dozen times a night.
28. If you are a deep sleeper, the baby will cure you of that.
29. As soon as you sit down to a hot meal, the baby will need something from the other room.
30. If you are nursing the baby, the baby will unlatch as soon as you have a let-down.
31. As soon as the baby latches on and you start to feel comfortable, your phone will ring from the other room and it most certainly will be a very important call you absolutely can't miss.
32. This very important call will probably be your husband telling you he will be late coming home from work, which will be the one evening your baby decides to not be comforted by you and only wants daddy.
33. As soon as daddy holds the baby, the baby will only want you.
34. If your baby shows signs of illness, all symptoms will disappear as soon as you take the baby to the doctor - and promptly return as soon as you get home.
35. Regardless of how much advice you ask for, the doctor will always just tell you that your baby is fairly normal.
36. Regardless of how much advice you don't ask for, your friend will always tell you that you have an easier baby than she does.
37. Regardless of how much advice you deserve, your mother will always tell you how much your baby is exactly like you were (usually when the baby is misbehaving or acting out horribly in public or not sleeping or throwing a tantrum).
38. If your baby loves bath time, your baby is never dirty.
39. If your baby hates bath time, your baby is never clean.
40. If you pick up all your baby's toys and there is one you are missing...don't worry, you will find it by stepping on it in the middle of the night, trip, and nearly kill yourself.
41. Even if you vacuum eight times a day, your baby will find the one crumb you missed.
42. Your baby's favorite toy/blanket/stuffed animal will most definitely get lost in a store somewhere on a day you are running late.
43. If you are brave enough to venture on a long car ride, brace yourself for hearing the baby cry the entire trip up until ten minutes before you arrive - when they will finally crash asleep, only to awake as soon as the car comes to a final stop.
44. The only tv show that will capture your baby's attention is the one show you always vowed to never allow your baby to watch.
45. This show has the world's most annoying theme song that will replay in your head and keep you up all hours of the night - but only the hours of the night when your baby is sleeping peacefully.
46. Your baby will happily be held by others, until you actually say out loud how well your baby does being held by others, then the baby will only want you.
47. Your baby will start teething the minute you run out of Tylenol.
48. The baby will smile, look at you, and keep the hat/headband on their head...until you actually take the photo.
49. If the baby smiles, looks at you, and keeps the hat/headband on their head for the photo...someone else has their eyes closed.
50. As soon as you feel like you have a grasp on this whole parenting thing and you decide to announce to the world that you are pretty sure "we're done having kids"...you are sure to find out you're pregnant again.