As your fetus continues to grow, she will radiate heat, causing you to feel hotter. Also, your basal metabolic rate can increase to greater than 20 percent of normal. You may find that in addition to feeling overheated you may also perspire more, especially at night.
Following tips on staying cool:
1. Dress lightly in breathable fabrics, like cotton
2. Avoid exercising outside in the heat of the day. Take your strolls before breakfast or after dinner, or attend exercise classes in an air-conditioned facility.
3. Stay out of the sun as much as possible, especially on very hot days.
4. Take a cool shower or bath.
5. Go for a swim
6. Stay air-conditioned when possible. If you have no air-conditioning at home, spend time at the library, a museum, or mall.
7. Drink lots of fluids; at least eight glasses of water a day, more if you're exercising or perspiring a lot.
8. Avoid caffeine and alcohol, which can dehydrate you.