Waiting to Tell People You’re Pregnant
1. Have time to make your own decisions without influence of others.
2. If you miscarry, you won’t have to take back the announcement.
3. You won’t have to contend with too much advice.
2. If you miscarry, others won’t understand your grief.
3. No help/support/advice from others.
4. May offend certain members of your family/friends.
5. Possible risk of isolation.
Most people choose to wait until the after the first trimester, when the risk of miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy have been significantly reduced. Others wait until signs of pregnancy, such as a pregnant belly, begin to show. Whatever your choice, don’t let others pressure you. This is your special news, and it should be shared when you feel comfortable doing so.