tough decision to make

well im a week away from induction at 39 weeks and two weeks til my due date ...but in having a hard time deciding whether to wait or be induced ....I have a 17 month toddler and I have given him all my attention and in afraid how he's going to react around a baby brother....and the change in life......so what should i do......question is to choose induction or wait til my due date???? Even though im having contractions that are irregular and im 1 cm dilated.....help

00
    02/02/15
    I would go with your instincts on that one. If you feel that inducing labor is good, then go with it. Otherwise, wait. As far as your son, I know that sibling jealousy is a big issue sometimes. It's hard for a child to adjust to sharing mom with somebody else, especially somebody who requires so much time. I would talk to him about his brother who will be coming soon and try to get him excited about it. A 17 month can understand. When you bring the baby home from the hospital, sit down with your son and introduce him to his brother. Then let him hold the baby (with assistance, of course). He may enjoy jobs to help you with the baby, such as getting a diaper for you. Good luck!
    1
    02/02/15
    Thank you
    0
    02/02/15
    No but hes giving me the option
    1
      02/02/15
      Comment deleted
      02/02/15
      SO???
      0
        02/02/15
        my husband wants me to decide since ill be the one doing everything during delivery and well he needs to know ahead of time so he can ask for a week off work to help me when the baby arrives...and I have everything for the baby ready can't wait to meet him
        1
        About Paris
        Current: Mcallen, Texas
        Birth: March 19
        On Moms.com since: May 24, 2014
        I'm a first time mom of one sweet baby boy its been quite the journey of a lifetime everything changes when you have a baby and i wouldn't change it