Birthday Party Planning Tips?
Violet's 3rd birthday is coming up fast, and I'm running behind on planning! I've never really had to plan a birthday party before. Her first party was just thrown together really quickly at my brother's house, and her second birthday, we just did a really small thing (dinner out with her aunt and uncle and ice cream cake and presents at the apartment). This year, we have a house and a big back yard and I'm wanting to hold a party here for her. To my knowledge, though, there will be MAYBE 3 other kids attending, and the rest of the guests will be adults. I'm not really sure how I'm going to entertain both age groups. Violet wants a Disney Princess birthday party. I do have a friend working on the cake, and I have at least 12 people RSVP'd, but there will be others who have not replied online, but implied it in person (i.e SO's parents).
Moms, Do you have any party games? Fun tips or ideas? Fun for the kids, fun for the adults, or for all? I would LOVE to here them!
Summary: Your mission is to steal the bacon. But watch out or else your enemy might steal it instead!
Goal: When your number is called, be the first person to grab the object in the middle and run back to your line untagged.
- An object that can be grabbed (ball, shoe, etc.)
How to Play Steal the Bacon:
1. Split everyone into two equal teams. Arrange the teams into two parallel lines about 15 - 20 feet from each other, facing each other. Place the object in the middle, between the two teams.
2. Ask everyone to remember their numbers- Go down one line and assign each person a number (in sequence, starting from one), then go down the opposing team and assign each person a number (in sequence, starting from one). Each person should have the same number with a person on the opposing team.
3. The object of the game is to be the first person to grab the object if your number is called and bring it back to your team’s line untagged. As soon as you touch the object, the other person has the opportunity to tag you. If the other person tags you, then no one gets the point.
4. Begin the game by calling a random number. If the person brings the object back to their side untouched, the person gets a point for their team. If the person grabs the object and is tagged, neither team gets a point. The team that reaches 15 points wins the game.
-kids love bubbles. Blow bubbles and see if they can pop the bubbles befor ethey hit the floor.
- stop and freeze game: play fast music and let the kids dance freestyle. Then stop the music, and say "freeze", everyone must stop dancing and freeze in that position until you say "unfreeze". Then start over